Saturday, December 09, 2006

Office party poop!?

Last night was my office Christmas party. I don't know if you remember, but I was part of the committee. It felt weird yesterday knowing that my friends would be at a party I helped prepare and I myself would not be there. So I e-mailed my friend Sandra and asked her if she wanted to crash the party with me. I really needed to know that things were going great and that people were enjoying themselves. So we entered at about 9:50. The people were surprised to see me. I asked just about everyone I saw if they liked it. Everybody said it was a great night. I went down on the dance floor and moved slowly to one song. I had to go sit down and rest after that. I was starting to sweat and shake. I drank some Perrier, hoping it would help the sweats, it didn't. We went out for a smoke, it was about -10 last night and I was still sweating outside. We went back in and I just got weaker. I left at 10:45. I was really hoping to be there for a few hours and enjoy myself. At least I got to see the people and get some feedback on some of my hard work. It's weird to know what was going to happen last night and not have been there to see it take it's course. I got home and really felt stressed. I watched some TV to try and get my mind on other things. It worked a bit. I went to bed and fell asleep right away. I woke up just fine this morning. So did I react to the people, or because they reminded me of work? Will I ever be able to get back to the office? I have a feeling that I won't ever work there again. I'm still waiting for the call from the hospital. I guess they'll make me wait now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

dear me!

12/10/2006 09:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Doug said...

Holy crap! Perhaps another line of work?

12/13/2006 11:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home