Sunday, December 03, 2006

Deck the halls!?

The stores have had their decorations up for over a month now. People started putting up their lights about two weeks ago. Yesterday I saw a few cars with trees on top. Some of you have been talking about decorating this weekend. We're not sure if we'll decorate this year. You see, we already have a fake tree in the house, dark room that needed greenery, and Teddy tries to jump in it. So... Another thing I'll miss this year is decorating the office. I've been "in charge", no one else wants to do it, of decorating the office for Halloween and Christmas. I wasn't up to it this Halloween and I won't be there for Christmas. Here are a few decors I did over the last few years. Please keep in mind I have no budget to do these things. These are the doors to the office, eight elevators open up on them. What's fun is when people talk about it around me and don't know I'm the one who did it. The nut cracker is a cardboard tube, his pants are a piece of black velvet I had, red carboard, felt for the eyes and mustache and the hat is a carpet from the dollar store. The drum under the ballerina is a hat box decorated with red cardboard and ribbons. The ballerina is a coworkers kid's doll. The fire place is the box of a flat screen TV covered with cupboard sticky paper. Here I bought the trees and garlands myself, yes I took them home after. The fawn was mine from a long time ago. All I asked the office to pay was the rolls of cotton for the snow. Now I'd like to see some of your decorations for decor ideas for this year. I don't do anything that elaborate at home, but I always try too hard. Also, I'd like to see some of your wrapping talents. Through out the week I'll show you different wrappings I have done through out the years. Hopefully it will inspire you. Here's a taste of what's coming. This girl was leaving for maternity leave and she collects pigs. So her parting gift from the office is in the belly of the pig. It was bedding for the crib with a few extra things. Now e-mail me your pics or post them on your blog. Let me know either way. I'd like to see the different styles of decor and wrappings. Have fun!? J

7 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

You are quite resourceful! Those are neat decorations! I'll post or email some of mine, but it will be a couple of days since we are still working on some.

As for decorating an office... you gotta be kidding, I work with engineers, generally speaking the most socially-challenged people on the planet - at least the ones I work with. In the other shops in which I worked, it seemed like we were in a decorating contest and some were like yours, very inventive and resourceful. Thanks for sharing yours. I may be inspired to be the lone candle in the window where I work.

12/03/2006 01:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger Doug said...

Wow, those decorations are awesome! Very creative!

We're not sure if we're going to do decorations this year. We're not feeling very Christmasy, but maybe doing the decorations will help. If we do any, I'll post them.

*hugs*

12/03/2006 02:35:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I suggest you put up just enough decorations to light the way into the new year of 2007

12/03/2006 04:56:00 p.m.  
Blogger T-Bird said...

Thank you so much Joel. Merci Beaucoup, mon bon ami.I shall add you to my link list as I get my new home in order. All people -- gay or straight -- man or woman or ??? -- of good spirit and kind heart are most welcome in my new home.

It will be nice to be in a place where I can truely be myself, and not be someone who I am not!

Some day I want to visit Montreal. I have had a facination with it since I was a little boy, and have not known why. 35 years ago I even knew how to speak Parisian Français. Now havinh hung around new world spanish speakers it has become spanish, though certain spanish words I only figure out by relating it to a french word that I still remember.

Later, Will

12/03/2006 10:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

You amaze me, Joel, and you move me...
I don't have this kind of sensibility. I can give a hand, or some suggestions, but I don't take the initiative.
You have the soul of an artist, and you should explore that. This is an advice!
Thanks for this post!
Have a great week!

12/03/2006 10:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

OMG, I can't wrap to save my life. Only one thing in this life I can wrap properly ;)

12/04/2006 09:10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Hehe. What a cute idea! The last time I gift wrapped, I had to use white, paper, medical tape. I hope I can get by that this year!! Decorations since 1999 have been by others or they never got done.

I *really* do hope things are better this year!!!

12/04/2006 03:54:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home