Saturday, December 02, 2006

Analyze this!?

The first thing my therapist told me when I started seeing him three years ago was that we are not stupid. We may do stupid things, have a stupid behavior, but we are not stupid. I remember correcting myself at the beginning. But after a while I didn't even have to think about it anymore. It was just automatic. I even correct others. They look at me weird sometimes, but others appreciate it. I guess for a few hours Thursday morning I just forgot. As soon as I read the first few comments, I realized I had forgotten myself. I haven't been down on myself since then. Don't worry. I've analyzed my behavior of the previous night and all the other nights I've been going out lately. I've also been looking at my life here at the house. By going out, I've been looking for some kind of normalcy. When I'm out, people don't know I'm sick. I don't feel sick. So normalcy, friendship, companionship, acceptance are things that I've been craving lately. I need to feel normal. I need to feel alive. And even though it feels good for the time that I'm there, it doesn't last. So I'll revise my possibilities. I've been busy here at the house. I've made muffins. I've tried a few new recipes. I finally took care of my plants. All of them have been potted, trimmed, cleaned and watered. I'm glad to say they don't look half bad for plants that were abandoned for a few months. It felt good to get my hands dirty and to work the soil. I even had help from Teddy. He was so intrigued. He kept jumping on my work table to see everything I was doing. Of course he decided that a few of them didn't need to be potted. He would run off with some branches. Later today I'll be making fudge and might try my hand at some gingerbread cookies. It snowed a bit here yesterday. Then it hailed, followed by freezing rain. A huge tree, two houses down from here, fell in the street. Crushing two cars. I'll go check our trees and wrap some of them up. They were all bent over the fence under the weight of the ice. A small one was squished to the ground. I have some errands to run also. So I have a pretty busy day today. Hopefully I'll stay on track and do all that I want to do. Thank you for your comments. They mean a lot to me. I haven't answered them yet. I've been in my own little world for the last two days. I'll get to them soon. Wishing you all a great day!? Have fun!? J

6 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

Great to hear you've recovered from Thursday. Sounds like one of my own mood swings.

Fudge and gingerbread cookies sound delicious!

Be well, my friend. *hugs*

12/02/2006 10:34:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I was pretty sure you were only having a momentary fling with that thought. So happy to hear you yourself are in a better perspective by you! 'At's the Joel we know and love!

12/02/2006 02:32:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

I'm quite happy for you, Joel! Nice to read you've done so much in so little time! Nothing like a delicious occupational therapy...
Wish you a great Sunday!
Winter is on its way, isn't it?... Brrr!

12/02/2006 04:05:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/02/2006 04:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

it is a very good idea when feels down on own's self to do something creative, like cooking a new dish; good for you!

12/02/2006 07:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

You know, Joel, it's 1330 PST and I just finished with luch. I am so tired that, even though I just read all your posts from Nov 14 til now -- I just can't think of anything to say.

Please excuse any typos. I miore asleep than awake, thans to my codiene, ativan, musclle relaxers, etc.. Plus I'm writing on my laptop when I 'm laying back!

I'lk post later today (Mon. afternoon) if anythinng can come frome it!!

12/04/2006 04:37:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home