Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Gone...!?

Press play, listen for a bit then read!? I think we can safely say it's official!? For the last 2 weeks, a storm has been disturbing the blog world!? And hurricane Blogger has hit different parts of our world!? The first and biggest hit was the loss of Mark!? We were all deeply affected by it!? I've never seen such an outpour of love and emotions in my life!? Then to my surprise, bloggers started disappearing left and right!? I think I know 5 people that stopped blogging!? I know one was thinking, might still be, of also quitting!? A lot of you now post erratically!? Some say they're still alive after a few weeks and then vanish again for a few more!? I know of 2 or 3 that started blogging again!? Also in the last week I've lost 3 possibly 8 blogger friends!? Another friend of mine seems in need!? Is it just me?! Or is there something really funny in the air?! I'm really trying to understand?! I'm afraid I can't!? These people were good men!? Good friends!? They proved to me they had a head on their shoulders!? Could I have been wrong on so many of them?! Can't be!? What is the Blogger world coming too?! And here I thought we might all be a part of this!? J

7 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

I'm new to blogging myself, so I am far from expert; I suspect blogging is like any hobby; people's interest in it comes and goes; and for some it stops being a pleasure.
I guess it is inevitable human nature for some to continue, others to 'slow down', others to pop in/out - and others to stop.

8/30/2006 12:30:00 a.m.  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

Perhaps some fall into performance mode, and forget that it's all about communicating and touching other people's lives. I've watched some people get really defeated about it, though, and I don't like that.

8/30/2006 02:30:00 a.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

When I stopped posting for awhile, I was trying to convince myself whether it was helping me or others in some way; also I was bringing long-buried memories back to life (in some cases, some not so pleasant memories that will *never* be posted).

Unfortunately, Ur-spo's and Daniel's observations hold a lot of water. Things happen in people's lives where they feel burnt-out or feel betrayed by their own writings. For others blogging becomes a chore (they suddenly feel *obligated* to write) when it should be, at least half-way, a pleasant experience.

Whatever it is, I must admit a bit of sadness when I suddenly lose contact with bloggers that I am getting to know well or want to know better. It's too bad but, Joel, that's part of life. :(

8/30/2006 03:12:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Ditto. Ditto. Ur-spo, Daniel, and Gray reflect a lot of my thoughts. I too am fairly new to blogging. There are times that I could grind out posts one after the other and then times that I feel dry. Sometimes I wonder what it's worth or who cares. So I suspect others feel this way too. A few (e.g., Drew) are more or less forced out by factors beyond their control. An then there are the Marc's. My cyber world is not unlike my real world. Friends come and friends go. Yes, I grieve for those who go out of my life (for whatever reason), but I am thankful to them for enriching my life if even briefly.

8/30/2006 06:36:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mikey said...

I am far from an expert on this blogging thing, butI am thankful for the people that I have met so far and find it a great outlet to put a voice to some of the events of my life. Don't know if people actually learn anything from mine, but it is good to get my story out there. I agree with everyone else about people coming and going in our lives, but the sharing is great, no matter the length of time.

8/30/2006 10:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

I'm still here...been so bogged with my new position that it is hard for me to want to spend anytime with the computer once I'm home...

8/30/2006 12:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

I can only hope I didn't bother or worry you with that post of mine. I was feeling that, so I guess I had to say it. Maybe my words might have been other, but I had to say it anyway.
In general I agree with the previous comments. All the reasons put forward are quite clear to me.
We really have to say (even if it sometimes hurts): that's life, c'est la vie, é a vida...

8/30/2006 05:37:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home