Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My real first day!?

First I'd like to thank every body for the encouraging and thoughtful words. They made me feel good!? Thank you!?
My first day!?
My first day throught my eyes!? I did get up with the sound of the alarm, but I guess I should start the night before. Since I still have sleeping problems, I'm suppose to take sleeping pills. So I took my pill at 9:30, went to bed at 10:00. By 11:45 I was still not sleeping. Just goes to show you how nervous I was. So I got up, I didn't even have any problems walking. The pill really didn't work. I stayed up till 12:30. Then I fell asleep. I woke up at 4:30 and never went back to sleep. I grabbed a coffee, read some blogs, shaved, showered but I still couldn't find any of the studs from my dream day!? lol I had a huge breakfast. Got dressed. Packed my lunch and put my working clothes in my backpack. I jumped on my trusty steed, my bike!? Yes I rode to work. I wanted to leave the house at 7:00, but ended up leaving at 7:20. The ride down was great, I found a bike path that takes me through quiet streets, parks, I only had about 5 minutes of morning traffic to deal with. I got to the office at 7:50. Once the bike was locked, I sat down to relax. Then, the shakes started. So I breathed deeply. Told myself some positive words, and then I got myslinky legs up to the office!? When I walked in, the girl that opens in the morning saw me and just screamed and came to give me a hug. She said I looked good, calm. If she only knew how much I was shaking inside. lol I said a few hellos, but people were acting as if I had seen them the day before. When I got to my desk, it had been cleaned by the girl that was using it while I wasn't there. I dropped my bag and went around to see other coworkers. They did not say a word. My boss saw me, she was happy to see me. She gave me a hug and we chatted a little. I went back to my desk, put back my stuff. Opened the computer. She came by to give me my passwords. As each application opened, I just went in as if I had done it all summer. I was surprised and happy. My boss came to see me and asked if we could talk right away since she had a meeting at 9. Yes my first meeting was about a raise. lol I wasn't there when I was suppose to get it in June. BTW my real boss is also on sick leave. She left about a month before me, we think suffering the same thing as me. But I think depression hit her harder then me. So this new and improved boss is very nice. She told me not to stress, to take my time. If I need extra breaks or something just to let her know. So I went around the office, a bitlight headed . Everything was moving, but not at the same speed. I stopped by our director's office. She was pretty happy to see me. Told me also to take my time and just start when I'm ready. I went back to my desk still with my slinky legs and started reading e-mails. The rest of the people came in, again, some said hi and others didn't even acknowledged my being there. I went on break alone at 10. I smoked a cigarette and went to check my bike. The rest of the morning was uneventful. My boss did take me for coffee. Saying I should take it easy. lol I love her. I ate my lunch outside, and a friend I haven't seen in 2 years walks up to me. He's working in the office building next door. So a few of my dream day came true. lol I sat in with a guy on my team that started a bit after me about 5 years ago. Every time he would put the client on hold to go get an answer, I gave it to him. I was so surprised, it just all came back. (even as I'm writing this I don't remember a thing, but in the office, I knew it) So half an hour before I left I got on the phone and answered a few calls. Treated some faxed in requests. It went as smooth as a baby's butt!? I even got a lunch date for next week. Some clients have been asking for me, I called them to let them know I'd be back full time by the end of September. Actually the whole afternoon was smooth. I rode my bike back home and was happy as a clam!? Pascal even told me I seem to already be back into it and already taking some things to much to heart!? He may be right. I gotta slow down. I read blogs but did not skype due to a misunderstanding over some caring words I told a great friend. (I see the naïve in me right now) We should catch up tonight. I can't wait.

8 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Sounds like a wonderful day... good for you - you handled it swimmingly!

As for your "misunderstanding", just remember that everyone is stress to the max, the temps are through the roof and there are just not enough hours in the day... we all care about you and there is no one here in blogland that would intentionally hurt you... trust me on that one!

8/23/2006 03:34:00 p.m.  
Blogger john said...

Glad that your day went smoothly.

I hope you and your friend work out the misunderstanding. An apology and explanation is all you have to offer--and if he/she is truely your friend than that's all it will take to patch things up.

I hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly.

8/23/2006 04:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Primo! I'm so glad that your first day appears to have been such a good day! Maybe tomorrow you'll see all those guys you had pictures of! That will make the day even better!

HUGS, J!!

8/23/2006 06:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Hot-diggity-damn, glad it was a piece of cake for ya.

I hope the week goes fast and you are back in the saddle in no time...

**hugs**

8/23/2006 08:55:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

I'm really happy for you, Joel! It was a piece of cake, no doubt!
While I was reading your post I couldn't help thinking about your artistic qualities: you surely know how to choose the pics that complete - and enlarge - your speech. Wonderful! :-)

8/23/2006 10:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Congratulations on merging back into the work environment! I'm sure it was taxing at times; but you handled it all very well!

Oh, BTW, those co-workers who didn't even acknowledge your return: remember when Christmas rolls around to put lumps of charcoal and a handful of switches in their stockings!
;)

8/24/2006 04:57:00 a.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

Big hugs bud, things have been crazy lately. I wish my work day was more like yours yesterday! :)

Oh I love Dolly!

8/24/2006 07:40:00 a.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Yay, you made it through the first day. I will be teaching down there next to you on Tuesdays and Thursdays - we'll have to have coffee and ciggies together lol.

8/24/2006 10:57:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home