Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Song!?

Matchbox 20
"Bent" If I fall along the way Pick me up and dust me off And if I get too tired to make it Be my breath so I can walk If I need some other lovin Give me more than I can stand And when my smile gets old and faded Wait around I'll smile again Shouldn't be so complicated Just hold me and then Just hold me again Can't you help me I'm bent I'm so scared that I'll never Get put back together Keep breaking me in And this is how we will end With you and me bent If I couldn't sleep could you sleep Could you paint me better off Could you sympathize with my needs I know you think I need a lot I started out clean but I'm jaded Just phoning it in Just breaking the skin Can't you help me I'm bent I'm so scared that I'll never Get put back together Keep breaking me in And this is how we will end With you and me bent Start bending me It's never enough Till I feel all your pieces Start bending me Keep bending me Until I'm completely broken in Shouldn't be so complicated Just touch me and then Just touch me again Can't you help me I'm bent I'm so scared that I'll never Get put back together Keep breaking me in And this is how we will end With you and me bent Without understanding Hell I go there again Can't you help me I'm bent I'm so scared that I'll never Get put back together Yeah you're breaking me in And this is how we will end With you and me bent Bent
J

3 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

I love some of Matchbox 20's stuff. Understand the significance of this one for you.

And on the side, Rob Thomas isn't hard to look at.

8/27/2006 04:06:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

I'm sorry I don't know Matchbox 20. The lyrics are intense though. I do like them!

8/27/2006 06:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Just a thought: isn't "bent" British slang for "queer", "gay", etc.? If you read the lirics with that in mind then the song takes on an interesting new meaning.

8/28/2006 03:51:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home