Monday, July 03, 2006

Naïve!?

Some of you have been asking me if, when I was young I acted effeminate. Well no. Never. You also asked me if religion was present in my life. In school, and when I was younger, we used to go to church, but we stopped. Then when I was 9, my father became a religious freak. He would go to church in the hopes that God would fix his problems. Now I have nothing against religion. But when you think that God will fix your problems, that is where I have a problem. God will guide you, show you the way. But He won't do it for you. I guess you could say I was over protected. My mom lost a baby before me, and 2 after me. Then she was told not to try anymore. And I think my dad didn't want to adopt. I was not affected by the outside world. I never made myself that protective cloak that every body seems to have around them to protect them. Protect them from what? What COULD happen I guess!? I've always been curious. Everything amazes me. Still today people find me special if not weird because I don't look at the world like every body else. To me, you're not mean until you do something mean that I know of. Strangers are just people to me. Most of the time I'm to friendly with strangers because I don't believe that people are mean. People are people!? How can someone you don't know want to hurt you?! I was and still am being taken advantage of because I trust to much. That is why I named this blog "Therapy for the naïve". Because of this I find myself young, very young. Why? Because to me everything is simple. Well it should be. Our world today is to fast. People are strangers. Neighbors don't know each other. Food is not food anymore. Farmers, who are the creators of our basic foods, are living the life of poverty while distributing companies make money off of them. Land costs money. There is hunger in the world. Teachers get mistreated by kids, parents and the government. You can and soon will have to buy water. Trees are cut down to make way for roads, apartments... Cars are built to go faster but we have the same limits as before. Cars pollute but the government doesn't tell them to change their ways. The earth has been telling us something for a while now but nobody listens. Animals are disappearing. We invade forests, and then complain that the animals invade us. If you don't work in a man made/invented/created job, you are worthless. And so much more!? So you see, to me all this is unreal. To me it should not be. Some of you will say that you agree, but I don't just accept, I question. ALWAYS!? So I guess I've always looked weird to others. And when I was younger, It might have looked weak? Now it looks dumb. Innocent. Naïve. Border stupid if not stupidity. I know I think like a kid. I see the world through kids eyes. I like it. Most people that know me like me. The world doesn't seem to get me. I have yet to find someone like me. I am simple!? I am Naïve!? I am J!?
Your Inner Child Is Surprised
You see many things through the eyes of a child.
Meaning, you're rarely cynical or jaded.
You cherish all of the details in life.
Easily fascinated, you enjoy experiencing new things.

12 Comments:

Blogger Gray said...

You know Joel, I really felt like an ass when I wrote those questions to you. Even though I said that it was not my intent to hurt you, I still felt my questions might have been hurtful. I started one or two times to come back and trash my comments. But, for some reason, I just had to know.

I remember kids in elementary and junior high schools who were sorely tormented by other kids because they were different. The difference could have been anything from carrying a briefcase to walking funny -- in my case by being big boned, a little chubby, and by wearing glasses (bi- and tri-focals, no less).

For some reason, when I wrote my question, I could only think of effeminacy. Hence, that question.

As far as the two relious questions, I must have been tired because I really wasn't thinking of religion. I just know that deeply religious families tend to raise their kids more strictly than others.

Lastly, "How can someone you don't know want to hurt you?" Sometimes they don't want to; sometimes they do it because they're careless. I hope you don't think I asked those questions to hurt you... I didn't. Next time, I promise, before releasing my fingers, I will first put my brain in gear!

7/03/2006 06:04:00 a.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I know the feeling joel. I know the feeling.

7/03/2006 08:38:00 a.m.  
Blogger Tony said...

Took that little quizzie and landed the same result as you. But see I am the same way in many ways. I tend to look at things simly... used to get me frustrated, and occasionally still does. But I have grown to accept it and rather like it. Things are less complicated and perhaps I'll live longer!

7/03/2006 10:20:00 a.m.  
Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Great post J - I agree with ya in so many ways...as for the quiz, heeheehee

I am an angry child

You're not an angry person.
But when you don't get your way, watch out.
Like a very manipulative kid, you will get what you want.
Even if it takes a little kicking and screaming.

So true in many (some disturbing) ways.

7/03/2006 11:02:00 a.m.  
Blogger john said...

Hey, my inner child is surprised too!!!

7/03/2006 11:16:00 a.m.  
Blogger Flip said...

Joel, this post is very meaningful to me. I just happen to be at a place in my life where I would like to become more like you describe yourself.

Thanks for being there and thanks for sharing.

7/03/2006 03:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger Spider said...

My inner child is sad...

You're a very sensitive soul.

You haven't grown that thick skin that most adults have.

Easily hurt, you tend to retreat to your comfort zone.

You don't let many people in - unless you've trusted them for a long time.

And this is SO TRUE - I have said many times, there is no one on the face of the earth that knows everything about me, except for me.

7/03/2006 06:56:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Mine is the same as Spider's. :(

7/03/2006 11:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pete said...

My inner child is just as surprised as yours. Another beautiful post. I make a lot of great points, I can relate to not seeing the world the same as others. I am often surprised when I come across someone who views something the same. It does happen. Big hugs!

7/04/2006 12:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

Hi there...

This was a very interesting post and very heartfelt. I love that there are people out there like you are constantly going through life looking at it differently than others. It's people like you that make the rest of us sometimes stop and smell the roses, make us think.

Now I am not saying I am cynical or that I never view the world differently. It's just sometimes I need that reminder and I like to surround myself with people who can do that. Actually I like to surround myself with all types of people and thinkers, viewers, etc.

But I also have to say I am a kid at heart too. My partner is always rolling his eyes at me and laughing when I'm vaccuuming and listening to my iPod and dancing through the house bopping and vaccuuming...or when I take out Legos and build, or read my comic books...the list can go on and on.

Anyway I liked this post and it hit my heart and made me feel something. Thank you for this post.

7/04/2006 08:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger Joel said...

Great answers to some probing questions. I found your blog via Tony's blog. I'll be back!

7/05/2006 11:47:00 a.m.  
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Really great post.

I wish more people were like you.

At least more of the people around me, if nothing else.

7/05/2006 01:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home