Friday, June 30, 2006

6 degrees of separation!

I've been reading some blogs lately that talk about the technology de-humanizing(is that a word?) the world. To a certain point, I agree. Depending on how you use and you see the use that you make of this technology I don't think it's all bad. I've been using the computer lately because as you know I'm stuck at home sick. During this time, from the beginning, when I could barely make it out the door. To now, feeling ok with a few minor adjustments. I've been keeping up with my friends, MSN, e-mails and web cams, getting new books and music by ordering on line. I've started writing in the hopes of better understanding myself. In return, I've met, virtually, some great people who give me support, advice, pep talks and just babble to keep me occupied. One thing I'm happy is that my blog is also helping others in the same situation, people who are living what I lived. They comment and ask questions. Some of you are on the East coast, West coast and somewhere in between. From the States and from Canada. Some of you know each other. Some of you know others. With this technology I was able to meet one of you in person yesterday. "You" knows someone in CA. I know this someone from her blog. And now she seems more real to me because I know "you" who knows her personally. Her name is EM. Now which one of you is "you"? Which on of you did I meet? Let me first say that usually when I go on trips people get mad at me for not taking pictures of me where ever I am. Even if I have the pics, they say that pics of me where I am prove more that I was there. Well yesterday I got a pic of me at the meeting, but don't have one of the blogger I met. lol (I feel so stupid!) Well let me tell you, you all know him. He is as nice as he seems. He is as cute in person as his pics. I'm glad to know he's not that much into the "shitty" pics that he posts from time to time. lol I just wish I had met is hubby. The 2 of them together are so funny. Who am I talking about? Here is the pic he took of me, maybe it will help. lol It didn't really help did it? lol Well since I don't have a pic of him, I'll just have to "borrow" the one from his blog. Here he is ladies and gents. As nice as his virtual self, I give you,
Tornwordo
It was really nice meeting you Torn. You are as nice as I thought from your blog. We will probably meet up to go to the Out Games at the end of July. We were wondering if some of you will be in town for the Out Games. We could try and meet for, brunch, dinner or like he suggested, a bar run. Let us know guys. I'd like to meet more "yous". lol Have a great day! Have fun! J

10 Comments:

Blogger Guys' Guy said...

Interesting thoughts in this post...I am gonna have to check this out on a daily basis. Found you from "Open a Window"

6/30/2006 12:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

I guess we can use technology like we use life, we can use it for the good or the bad, the light or the dark.
You light up my life with your entries.
Great picture he took of you too by the way.

6/30/2006 12:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Hey, it was nice meeting you too Joel. Our seats are section 141 QQ. I'm sure we'll see each other again.

6/30/2006 02:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Joel,

Thanks for the very nice comments on my blog. Today's post was a real downer for me so.... before shutting down and crying myself asleep [*Yes*, I've been up all night and it's just past noon!], I just want to know:

Where are the "Out Games"??? I think it would really benefit me to go; if I can.

6/30/2006 03:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

It all depends like you said, on whether you us your powers for good or evil, muaaahaaahaaahaa (my best evil laugh). Hope you have a great weekend J -

6/30/2006 04:52:00 p.m.  
Blogger Tony said...

One of these days 'J' I'll get up to that neck of the woods. I so want to see Canada!

6/30/2006 05:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger john said...

It's always nice meeting a blogger in person. Not just because you put a face to a name, but you actually put persona, a voice and a more tangible personality to the blog.

6/30/2006 05:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pete said...

It really is such a small world we live in. I am hoping to get to meet you on one of my excursions up north. So far I don't have one planed. I am glad you are doing better. Keep it up, take it slow a little each day. WOOF!

7/01/2006 11:13:00 a.m.  
Blogger Snooze said...

Tornwordo is great. I was happy to have met him through blogging as well.

7/17/2006 10:23:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tornwordo is cool

10/09/2006 08:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home