Thursday, June 29, 2006

Music for all Seasons!?

Do you have an artist that you truly love? An artist for all your moods? I have one. Good, bad, sad. She knows how to say the right thing at the right time. And for this, do I select the songs to hear? No! I just pop Her in my CD player, and all the songs just flow one by one in their respective order. What I mean is that this Artist, no matter what, just does it for me. This Singer is my therapy. She makes me think when I need to. She makes me cry when I need to. She makes me laugh when I need to. All this with the same music. As soon as I know She made a new album, I don't even know what the songs are, what they sound like. I just run out and buy it. Why do I run out and not order it from the web? Because I have to listen to it right away, and I know it will be good. She's never let me down yet. Once I get an album of this Singer, I listen to it first, just reading off the titles. Then play it again and pay attention to the lyrics. I do my best to memorize the words of each song on the first run. Then I just let her play and play and play. After getting to know the new CD, my mind knows which songs are what. My mind then pulls what it needs. One thing that surprises me is that the same song can make me laugh and can make me cry depending on my mood. My CD player holds 5 CDs, and they play one after the other, when I need to. This Artist is:
Jann Arden
You might know Her. She sings "I would die for you, Insensitive, Could I be your girl, You don't know me, just to name a few. She created 8 great albums each better then the last.(one with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra) Author of 2 books. Exerts of her web journal. And now she has a DVD entitled "JANN ARDEN...a work in progress" I can't wait for a DVD of her show to come out. "Jann, if you read this, I would like to have your shows on DVD! Please!?" lol I had the chance, when I was with my 1st BF to get what they call a "Junk Kit" in TV land. It's a 20 minute jumble of exerts from interviews and bits of the show. Well in those 20 minutes, She takes me thru all my emotions. I have red puffy eyes and my cheeks hurt from laughing at the end of those 20 minutes every time. I've had the chance to see her in concert twice. Once at the show, I could tell that the people around were big fans just like me. We sang, cried and laughed at the same time. And sometimes we were all silent, deep in thought. When I go see her I only buy one ticket, actually a Christmas present from my roommate, the best gift I ever got, because She is for "ME". Jann is My "ME" time. I share the music when it plays in the house, but at the show, I need to "feel" alone with her. Does that make sense? If I could get a lifetime pass to Her shows I would buy it. I leave you with the lyrics of one of my very favorite songs. And to Jann, Thank You for these great treasures. I hope you will keep on singing for a long long time. Love J Sorry For Myself { Jann Arden / Russell Broom } i've been on my hands and knees crawling towards eternity looking for the piece of me that always got away and i've been so afraid to stand my ground so i simply shut my mouth close my eyes, bite my lip and swallow every tear i can't do anything i don't believe in anyone i just feel sorry for myself all day long all day long look inside my body baby see the twists and turns inside me every blinding curve that drives you right around the bend i know you've had it up to there with all my chaos and confusion i am living a delusion and i do not give a damn i can't do anything i don't need anybody else i just feel sorry for myself for myself for myself for myself look into my heart and tell me i am a complete disaster wasn't that what you were after always thought it was wasn't i complete desire filthy ash without the fire you could not have been much higher without some kind of drug i can't do anything i don't believe in anyone i just feel sorry for myself, for myself i can't do anything i don't need anybody else i just feel sorry for myself all day long i can't do anything i don't believe in anyone i just feel sorry for myself, for myself i can't do anything i don't need anybody else i just feel sorry for myself Russell Broom - Electric guitar, acoustic guitar, baritone guitar Phil Shenale - Keyboards, drum loops

5 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Great lyrics. I've never heard any of her music, but now I want to listen to it.

6/29/2006 11:44:00 a.m.  
Blogger Spider said...

My artist - Streisand... everyday in anyway... yea, call be sterotypical but the woman has the voice of an angel..

6/29/2006 04:00:00 p.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

love it, oh yeah I have a few myself, great post, I may try a post like this.

6/30/2006 05:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Pete said...

I have never heard of here. I will be checking her out. Thanks for the heads up. You are expanding my world, thank you so much.

7/01/2006 11:15:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not only can Jan sing, but she can carry a lyrical sense of the song throughout the entire piece, something many pop artists miss.

Suzanne Vega, Karen Carpenter, and Melissa Etheridge and Alanis Morrissette (spelling on all) do the same for me as well.

10/09/2006 03:19:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home