Monday, July 10, 2006

Day one!?

Good morning, Welcome to day one of the Jorge Cruise, 8 minutes in the morning program. This first week is a bit tuff for some. You cannot really eat what you want. Why? This menu is created to shock your system if you will. It has almost no fat, or no bad fat. So your system will start using the fat stored in your body. If you stick to it, you will see that you do eat enough. My roommate Pascal could not believe it at first. I was eating more then him. I only had one craving, before dinner on day 2 I wanted lasagna. lol And like I told you, I didn't lose 7 pounds on the first week. I just saw in the book, I lost 8 lbs. After this week you will be able to eat more, still making sure the quantities are normal and well balanced. It took me about 3 weeks to get used to it all. After that, I could judge just by looking. So welcome to one and all. Keep me posted if you are doing this with me. I'll keep updating the post called "Week #1" in the "8 minutes" section. Lets start!? Once awake, you must do the following exercises in order to activate your system. These exercises are normal, ordinary exercises. If you are more advance, you can modify to your liking. Before exercising, remember to warmup. -he suggests running in place making sure to move your arms and legs. (this will increase your body and joints temperature.) 12 reps of each, alternating between exercise A and B. Repeat 4 times After, cool down with a full-body stretch routine. It is better to eat breakfast in the hour after rising. TODAY'S MENU:

You can drink all the water you want throughout the day. He suggests a minimum of 8 glasses. Breakfast:

  • 3 scrambled egg whites
  • 1 slice toast (preferably whole wheat)
  • 1 teaspoon of flax or olive oil
  • 1 cup of soy milk (I drink skim milk, and it's fine)
  • 1/2 a grapefruit (I don't like grapefruit so I drink 4oz of grapefruit juice)
  • 1 cup of green tea or decaf coffee (my coffee is 50/50, still works)

This menu will give you, 1 portion of, Protein, Complex Carb, Fat, Dairy and Fruit.

Lunch:

  • 1 soy hot-dog on a bun with mustard and/or ketchup
  • 1/2 a cup of corn
  • 1 large mixed greens salad
  • 1 teaspoon of flax or olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of frozen low-fat yogurt (I take low-fat regular yogurt)
  • 1 licorice twist

This menu will give you, 1 portion of, protein, Fat, Dairy, Treat/Craving,

2 Complex Carb and 2 Veggies.

Dinner:

  • 1/2 BLT sandwich with avocado (1 slice of bread with 1oz turkey bacon, iceberg lettuce tomato and 1/8 of the avocado, spread on bread like mayo)
  • 1 cup of tomato soup
  • 1 diet soda

This menu will give you, 1 portion of, Complex Carb, Protein, Fat and 2 Veggies.

Snack:

  • 1 cup of air-popcorn

This menu will give you, 1 portion of, Treat/Craving

G'night!? J

4 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Good luck. I need to get back to the gym. And start eating right. I'm getting doughy. Blech.

7/10/2006 08:31:00 a.m.  
Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

I will let you be the test subject. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

7/10/2006 09:24:00 a.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

OMG! 12 reps each, alternating and repeating 4 times??? You're trying to kill this lump-o-lard! And speaking of killing me: just looking at the first day's menu makes me want to eat the lasagna you mentioned followed by a big piece of apple pie ala mode!

Ok. Ok. I'll go to the store to get the necessary "food" and "drink" and start tomorrow. [whimpering]

7/11/2006 09:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jack said...

Anybody really interested?

I'll post the rest if asked.

I lost 9lbs on the first week.

If you keep it up, you can lose 2lbs a week after.

J

7/18/2006 06:44:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home