Saturday, July 15, 2006

High In Voltage / And It Didn't Start?!

What is still wrong with the world today? Why are so many people having unprotected sex? Young and old are practicing this Russian roulette game. The younger generation did not live what we have lived. They have not seen or felt what it can do to us. The older generation think they're super heros? Many people think that it's gone, that it can't affect them. It's not gone. It can affect everybody. Why take the risk? Everybody remembers Philadelphia, or It's my party. And their are so many more. Why would some one want to risk this? Don't they know anyone close to them that has to live with it? People called it the gay plague. What happened once we wised up? The straight had more cases then we did. Are we still talking about a gay plague? Now our numbers are going up again. Why? Because the word has died. We don't speak of it anymore. It's old news. Because of these non thinking fools. The ones that think they can avoid it and the ones that don't seem to give a f***! Ask people affected by this. They will tell you it's not funny. It's not easy. Should we forget about the people that are infected? They're still people. And if treatments are given to help them live a normal life, why shouldn't we make life as normal as possible for them. They are just like you and me. Only with more baggage. We all have baggage. This one is more physical. Should they stick to other infected people. Why? A man is a man. If I met a guy and I really liked him. If he told me he was positive, I might stop to think. But it won't turn me away. You just have to make adjustments. You can still love. Make love. And you find other ways to love also. Check out Jeffrey. It helped me understand more. It showed me the good and the bad. Some people are afraid of this. "What if I get it?" "I'd rather not do anything. That way I'm sure I'm safe" Maybe, but you are wasting your life. And the life of the guy you might end up with. We have to protect ourselves from this virus. Not the people who have it. J Boy George, Mother clutches the head of her dying son Anger and tears, so many things to feel Sensitive boy, good with his hands Noone mentions the unmentionable, but everybody understands Here in this cold white room Tied up to these machines It's hard to imagine him as he used to be Silence equals death, this is what they say But the anger and the tears do not take the pain away How far must it go, how near must it be Before it touches you, before it touches me Here in this cold white room Tied up to these machines It's hard to imagine life as it used to be Laughing screaming tumbling queen Like the most amazing light show you've ever seen Whirling swirling never blue How could you go and die, what a lonely thing to do Did you ever ask those strangers what they're searching for? Did they laugh and tell you they're not really sure? You were hurt by love but still you came right back for more Il adore, il adore, il adore boy george-I'll Adore J

4 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

Joel,
it is a common trend in human history and folly. If something is out of sight, it is out of mind. The irony is AIDS is improving, so people drop their guard.
There is also an element of the pendulum swinging around < we were all told extreme safe sex. People are now rebelling with the opposite; barebacking.
I think there is an element of defiance too. Some 'you can't tell me what to do".
Chilling.

7/15/2006 11:39:00 a.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

it is scary. I've always been so scared. I can't imagine not being safe.

I never felt indestructable, that's for sure. It's important we all stay educated that's for sure.

7/15/2006 02:22:00 p.m.  
Blogger Spider said...

Many of the 35 and younger set have not watched their friends die... that is why they do what they do...

7/15/2006 03:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Spider is right. I've seen two close friends die from AIDS. One got it from a tainted blood transfusion; the other got it from a pick-up in a bar (I believe Craigslist calls it a "hook up" - I wonder how many of those poor souls have any idea how dangerous roulette can be!)

Problems also arise from the continued improvements in the drug market. Better drugs means longer life. Kids coming into today's sexual world seem to think that even *if* they get AIDS that they won't die from it. BULL!

7/17/2006 10:00:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home