Friday, July 14, 2006

Big Ol' tree!? Lets swing from it instead of hang...

It's everywhere. Some places stronger than others. Will it always be there? Probably! Who's at risk? Everybody. Men, women, children, different Nationalities. It will always haunt the person that is more at risk. What makes a guy that doesn't look gay to just sit in the shadows and watch? What happens to the gay guy that can't hide? To the people of any color for that matter? I was 4 when people started calling me names. Could I hide? I didn't even know what they were talking about. But I stood my ground and endured. Did I stop going to school? Why should they get an education and not me? So why should I hide and not live my life? Do I speak to those people anymore? Nope. I saw one of them a while back and it turns out she's a lesbian. lol If the people at Stonewall had decided to just sit back and endure, would we be here today? Same thing for slavery, Interracial marriages, When women couldn't vote, couldn't have jobs, or "men's" jobs. Just to name a few. If all those people had just stayed back and done nothing, we would still be living in the dark ages. So why live the way we are suppose to? To support what they did. To recognize and keep strong their efforts. It's the best way to be part of their dream. The best way to say thank you. Because, where we are is a part of their dream. They never lived the way we did. They would enjoy what their actions have permitted. But would they be happy if nobody kept it up? Would they say that they understood if we hid after all they've done? Because their dream is also our dream. To live in a world that accepts difference. In a world that doesn't see any differences. So should we hide from the gay bashers? Should people hide from racism? Should women stop in front of sexual barriers? Isn't the fact that people hide for fear of being ridiculed and beaten just like saying I wont buy that car or that house because I'll get robbed. By not doing what is good for us, what brings us joy, we let them win. Who are the winners? Who should win? As for family, I get that most of our parents were raised in a different time and age. Life evolves, so should they. But if they can't accept the person they've loved all this time just because of who they sleep with? Imagine the guy that brings his black BF to his racist homo-phobic family. lol Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants. I've lived with the perfect example. My mom moved with the times, my dad stayed in the 50's. With whom do you think I got along better? If they're so narrow minded, would we accept them anyway? We do. Kids are already different from their parents. More education. More technology to deal with. More money is needed to live a regular life. Why can't one parent stay home anymore? Because men need more money so they create inflation. Why are there bigots? They're afraid of what is different. But are we that different? Who are some of the best designers? Who do they copy most in the fashion world? Who do they copy in the music world? Who's clubs are being invaded? They eat the food from all around the world but won't tolerate the people. As long as we the different are used, waiters, hairdressers, ...Then it's ok. We are not objects. We are not servants. We are them. We are the same. We are people. Straights go to exotic places, and all they want to know is, are they going to steel from me. So all of us, men, women and any Nationalities have to take a stand and be proud. Proud here is to say I'm here, I'm equal. Not to say I'm better then you. Nor to just flash it in someone's face. Like Depeche Mode said, People are people So why should it be You and I should get along so awfully So were different colours And were different creeds And different people Have different needs Its obvious you hate me Though Ive done nothing wrong Ive never even met you So what could I have done I cant understand What makes a man Hate another man Help me understand People are people So why should it be You and I should get along so awfully People are people So why should it be You and I should get along so awfully Help me understand Now youre punching And youre kicking And youre shouting at me And Im relying on your common decency So far it hasnt surfaced But Im sure it exists It just takes a while to travel From your head to your fist (head to your fists) I cant understand what makes a man Hate another man Help me understand People are people So why should it be You and I should get along so awfully People are people So why should it be You and I should get along so awfully I cant understand What makes a man Hate another man... Naïve!? J!?

5 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Great words!
Good tune!!

7/14/2006 02:36:00 p.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

not naive at all, I've often wondered that myself, Great post!

7/14/2006 07:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

what makes us hate?
In my opinion - fear; fear of the unknown or unfamiliar.
Nothing in life is to be feared, only understood.

7/14/2006 09:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jack said...

Hi Jay!

I like your comment. I don't think people can accept right away, that is true. It may take a while.
But I don't think they should yell, beat up or disowned their child for that.

They want grand kids?
We can adopt.

They are not the ones that have to sleep with someone else then what they were braught up to believe.

So they wont see tits sitting next to you at Christmas, big deal.

Some gay guys get along better with both parents cause they can relate to sports with dad, and cooking with mom.

Have fun Jay!

And take your time. Only you know when the right time is. Just make sure that time comes.

7/14/2006 10:06:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Great post.

Great comments.

So why do I feel so down?

7/17/2006 09:50:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home