Monday, August 21, 2006

Sunday of a 5 month long week!?

Tomorrow in an office near you!?
Today is the last day of my sick leave!? I have to tell you, I'm a bit nervous!? I haven't worked since March 27th!? Pascal asked me if I was ready, I don't know!? He asked if I remembered anything, no!? I'm going to see the doctor around noon, and if he says I'm good to go, I'm going back to work tomorrow!? I know depression hit me pretty hard for the last 3 weeks!? But the bike ride on Wednesday sorta kicked me out of my blues!? I think a regular schedule will do me good!? At worst, I'll let my doctor know. But me and my therapist are confidant that it should help. I'll feel needed. I'll feel like I'm worth something. I'll be doing something good. I'll be helping people!? Granted, my first days will be slow, I'll be working 2 days this week. Tuesday and Thursday, from 8 to 4:30!? I'll have to empty my e-mails!? Catch up on new people. Catch up on new services. Get reacquainted with our programs. And I should be working with a friend for a day!? This will be weird, because I was 3rd on my team. We have the coordinator, her assistant and me. All the newbies would come to me and ask questions!? Now I'll be the newbie. I'm also a little freaked at the fact that everybody will be asking me what I had. They will want details. They will tell me they know someone who had what I have and died!? They'll be wasting my time and theirs!? I am really nervous!? It will be a hard week for me!?

Maybe if I take something and my coworkers can look like this, I'd be fine!?

J

5 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

You are going to SO knock their socks off tomorrow - tell them what you feel comfortable with - it is none of their business - I would go with some bizarre middle eastern infectious disease if it were me...

Breath deeply several times during the day, know we are here for you and PLEASE let us all know how the day goes! Will be thinking about you Frenchy!

8/21/2006 04:25:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

Hope you're feeling okay, Joe!
My email must be there already!
Spider's right! Fine piece of advice!
Carpe diem! :-)

8/21/2006 06:22:00 p.m.  
Blogger Moncrief Speaks said...

I'm trying to understand why you end all of your sentences with "?!," even those statements that are neither questions or exclamations. Can you help me understand? It's difficult to divine the purpose of your prose when every sentence ends with marks that don't seem appropriate in context.

8/21/2006 09:15:00 p.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

Make sure you have your lunch pail packed the night before ;)

8/21/2006 10:02:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

And take your Mace and Taser! (kidding) ;)

8/22/2006 04:49:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home