Saturday, June 24, 2006

A bit of little ole me!

Good morning! I feel like I should introduce myself. I never figured I'd get such a quick response to a few posts. I'm really happy. Thanks to all that stopped by. Thank you for all the good and kind words. Here goes: My name is Joel, French Canadian from Montreal. Born and raised. I'm 37. I currently work as a technical adviser for a big company. I am right now on sick leave due to some panic and anxiety problems. Hence the blog reading for the last couple of months. It started really bad, not being able to even move comfortably in my own home. Now it's a lot better. I still have some light headed feelings from time to time when I'm out doing regular stuff for too long. I still sleep a lot, about 15 hours a day. I used to sleep about 6 or 7 hours before and that was enough for me. I'm a morning person. Very out going. Love to read, listen to music and dance. Boy I haven't gone out dancing in such a long time. I play well with others, but am very happy on my own also. Often after work you can find me in a cafe reading. I don't mind going to the movies alone either. I came out at 26. Am very happy I'm out. The feeling of being free after that was unbelievable. If you're not out yet, I know we all have our reasons and we should take our own time, but let me tell you guys, DO IT! You'll feel a lot better after. I had my first boyfriend and LTR at 28. We met in a club, it lasted 5 years. It was amazing. I never realized what I had been missing. After that I got into another relationship that lasted 2 years, and now me and him are roommates. Even if I'm 37 physically, I feel like a kid most of the time(hence the therapy for the naive) I feel like a part of me did not grow up yet. And this part is taking a lot of space in my every day life. People like to be with me cause even if I'm serious and caring, I always look and see things as if they're new, from an angle that most of my friends that are for sure adults don't see anymore. My first bf was in television and music and he was surprised that I did not go crazy when he would talk about some of the people he worked with. He loved how I would talk to him about different stuff that he had seen a thousand times, and thru my eyes he would see them for the first time again. With strangers, I feel like I'm a kid playing an adult role. When you get to know me, I drop the facade and am myself, young and vulnerable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a baby. I'm sarcastic as Hell and can be bitchy if needed. I've been living on my own since I was 20. I can be independent and very mature. But the real me inside feels really like a little kid. Even if I work in computers, my real passion is photography. I studied for 2 years and had to drop out for family and money reasons. The teachers didn't help, I felt like they were teachers cause they couldn't cut it as photographers and they were bitter about it. So now in my spare time I try and shoot about 100 pics and look at my results. Once in 3 hours around the city I came back with 118 pics, and 58 of them were just great. On my trip to Mexico, I took 488 pics. lol I would like to make cards, calendars, pics for magazines and book covers. I like fashion and nature. I guess I prefer nature cause I'm alone and can take my time. Even if I love shooting, I remember hating the lab work. Thank god for digital. And I love working with Photoshop. Just one more thing and then I'll let you go, lol. I really like cats. The cat you saw yesterday, his name is a French name, it's Bonhomme, translated word for word means good man, but in slang means dude. So why didn't I just call him Dude? Cause my roommates cat's name is Dude. So we have 2 dudes in the house. Thank you for stopping by. Hope this helps to know me a little better. I'll elaborate more on each of these subjects as the time comes. Here are a few pics, and my 2 dudes. Have a great day! Have fun! See you tomorrow! J A the joys of Blogger. It won't let me upload pics. I'll try again later.

6 Comments:

Blogger john said...

Hello,
Wow, that was a lot for one post. It would take me a few posts to pour all that information out.

6/24/2006 10:42:00 a.m.  
Blogger Tony said...

Joel....
Nice post. Love how your manipulating your yard. Interesting to find someone else that suffers from panic and anxiety. I 've had it for a number of years but it was only diagnosed in the last three. Hate being on a prescription but it has helped. Always here if you need to chat.

6/25/2006 01:37:00 a.m.  
Blogger Pete said...

Thanks for sharing. I hope all is working out for you. The photos are great. Please share more. The garden stuff is great too. Animal lover on this end, cats are so adorable.

Here to a good new day.

6/25/2006 03:06:00 a.m.  
Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

Thanks for sharing and photos, loved both. Breathing exercises have always helped me as well...keep us posted.

6/26/2006 03:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/26/2006 03:29:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too took a sabatical from my job because of anxiety attacks. I'm taking paxil... of course now I see that it was my job making me panic, not me.

I like photography, cats, and nature as well.

10/09/2006 08:10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home