Friday, December 15, 2006

Weather or not...!?

This morning was great sunny and warm. By lunch the sky was so grey. Then lightning and thunder. Rain washed over the city like a car wash. At four thirty, they closed a line of the subway due to flooding. It was a real tropical storm. In December!? Ten days before Christmas. This, like a lot of other signs, does not make sense. It lasted a couple of hours and than the sun came back out. The heat has been turned OFF since yesterday. We've never turned off the heat in December. When will we listen?! What else?! Not much happened today besides that. I had trouble falling asleep last night. Last time I looked at the clock it was three am. That explains why I slept all afternoon. That and the attack I got this morning...on my way to the psychiatrist. lol Yes, an attack started as soon as I put on my coat. The shakes, the sweats, wobbly knees and palpitations. But I forced myself to go. When I got to the parking lot I even had trouble seeing the doors straight. He didn't talk about the missed appointment. I think he realized I didn't do it on purpose. He saw me shaking this morning. I told him I was having trouble. He was nice and not at all mean or pissed. We talked for over an hour. He asked me how things were since we last saw each other. He probed when I told him it seemed to be "work" related. He didn't say but I think he's leaning towards scared of responsibility. I told him I had a list of positives and negatives. He listened. He was very glad about the positive side. Then I told him the negatives were my observations since last time. That I wasn't sure if it was related to my condition. He told me to go through it and he'd let me know if it was. But he still wanted to hear about everything. Turns out all but one were related, and side effects of the medication. So he's removing my sleeping pill and my muscle relaxer. He's giving me a pill that will replace both and should cover what my Effexor doesn't cover. He says there's a forty percent chance it works. I should know if it does by the time I see my doc next Thursday. If it doesn't work he will already have suggested something else. So a new pill tonight before going to bed. I should see changes by Sunday he said. I really hope it works. I told him I wanted to stop smoking, he said we have other priorities right now to not even think about quitting. I know I slept all afternoon, but when I woke up, at about four thirty, I felt good and up beat. I think things are looking up. At least for now. Let's just wait and see if this new med works. Have fun!? J

3 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

I'm glad you made it to the appt. and that he's trying a new med. Here's hoping it will be better!

12/15/2006 07:19:00 p.m.  
Blogger john said...

Have a good weekend!!
I am also glad you made it to the appointment.
Sorry I haven't been around that much.

12/15/2006 10:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

I'm truly sorry for what happened with the previous post. I couldn't have ever imagined such a stupidity...
Excuse me, please!

12/17/2006 12:20:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home