Monday, July 17, 2006

If the plastic pen holder fits!?

I haven't been blogging long, and already I see a pattern repeating. Except instead of just losing the chat window right away, it takes longer for the cyborg to ignore you. I almost feel like the blog is a literate chat room. A way for the more versed nerds to get off. For starters you can see that the owner of the blog can articulate. You get the "imagined" profile on a day to day basis. But the end result is the same. If you let your guard down and let this cyborg in, he'll just get what he wants and then... I've virtually "met" a few interesting people. Some seem genuine. Some are just here for one thing. I didn't think it was like that. What's the difference? The only difference is that you get to see a more refined side of the cyborg. The side he wants us to believe he is. The cyber world is like the telephone. You get to screen your calls. And if you don't want to chat to that person ever again, you can ignore, have the system ignore him for you. Or just have the system hang up on the caller. And aren't they glad to use it. They don't have to defend themselves, they get somebody else to do it for them. What is wrong with the world today? People use people and then discard them like yesterdays news paper. I was sure that there wouldn't be that kind of thing here. Almost. Sure you have your regulars that are here for real. The ones that are genuinely interested in knowing different people. And I'm grateful for them. But still you have the hypocrites. The ones that will get under your skin. The ones that will tell you you seem like a real guy. The selfish, the liars, the users, the cyber sluts. The ones that are to chicken to go into the real world and get the real thing. They're not the real deal. But on the web, they can pretend to be. As you can see, the naïve have been had again. Can't people see we're all in the same boat? We all want what's best for Us. But I don't think we should get it at the expense of others. We really are animals. Some should crawl on 4 legs and some should just slither back to their hole. So, to the real bloggers I say peace. to the others I say, "We're sorry, the blogger you have dialed is no longer in service!?" J

6 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

A thoughtful entry;
you wax poetic!
Also new to blogging, I too am trying to figure 'who is out there' and are they 'genuine'.
A blog is a persona we put up, a part of us; but all of us? or the truthful part of us?
I believe truth comes out, and the good ones will reveal themselves in time.
So far, I haven't met any bad guys.

7/17/2006 10:56:00 a.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

I've been lucky enough to have some really nice bloggers out there, and very few negative comments made. I've so enjoyed reading about everyone. I havn't really met anyone out there, but have been lucky enough to have some very supportive ones. I think that's what it's all about. Not being judged and just being there for you. Hope your having a great week, I'm headed to the doctor, having a nerve block on Wednesday, and hoping that is going to help.

7/17/2006 12:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I'm told that one develops a "nose" for the genuine and the false. I'm still waiting for my sense of smell to develop. It all smells like roses to me, until I step squarely into the middle of the big, stinking pile of cowpoop.
But I'm learning to proceed with more caution.

7/17/2006 03:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Kevin said...

You're not talking about me, are you?

7/18/2006 08:36:00 a.m.  
Blogger Jack said...

lol

No Six I'm not talking about you.

You didn't use me. Yet.
But I'm sure if it happened, it'd go both ways! ;-)

I'm not talking about "regulars"

Have a great day!

7/18/2006 11:40:00 a.m.  
Blogger Kevin said...

Whew! Because when I'm on IM I don't always watch it -- I turn it on and let it sit there ... so I was hoping it wasn't that! I would hate to give the wrong impression.

I just got f'd over yesterday by someone who I thought was becoming a friend (not a blogger -- someone I know in real life) and so I am overly sensitive right now.

I'm a mess.

You wanna help clean it up? ;)

7/18/2006 01:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home