Friday, December 22, 2006

Decorations and answers!?

This post is to show you some of my decorations and answer a few of Ur-Spo's questions about Cheap Christmas Trash!? This Santa has been in my family longer than I have. For some reason, it needs to be out somewhere during the season. Paint is missing from it and it's not really white anymore. This manger cost my mom 0.39$. Even if I'm not religious, to me it's part of Christmas. It needs to be there, under the tree. The paper star that was on the top, in front was eaten by one of the cats. As you can see the shepherd's legs are broken. I glued them back. Next to it is part of the first Christmas decoration I bought myself. I think I was 10. It was 3 ball/cages with fawns in each of them. Only one survived. Again it has to be under the tree every year. These are candle holders. This is for Lemuel. Today he showed us a clan of "white" people. I wanted him to see my Wisemen. I think they would fit in well over in PA. The next pictures show MY taste in decorations. These are the new Would I generation of Christmas decorations. It's the first year that I redo the decor from work. It's actually the first year that what was there is actually mine. I think it looks nice. This little guy I got on impulse. We actually got one for Pascal's mom. It's her only tree in the house. We call him little bear. He's about 3 1/2' tall. This bear I got last year. I just fell in love with it. But you gotta be careful not to squish it's plastic snowflake fur. The Santa was 75% off last year at the drug store. It looks ok but it has fiber optic in it. I don't plug it in. I'm actually debating removing the fiber. And this year, at the same store they had 2 little seals. I just had to get them. This is the tree I got yesterday for my bedroom. This is an electric chandelier that we have in the dining room. It's just a few garlands and a little snowbird. These are gifts that I'm giving Pascal's niece and nephew. How do you think I'm going to wrap them? This is a chest for toys. This is a stuffed bowling kit.(no noise) lol
Have fun!? J

5 Comments:

Blogger Gray said...

Congratulations on keeping decorations that you have had for so long! I have a few from my earlier, happier days of childhood. I wish I would have kept more!

12/23/2006 05:31:00 a.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

Magically beautiful, Joel!...
Thank you!

12/23/2006 07:25:00 a.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I like the tree in the bedroom. Cool.

12/23/2006 08:39:00 a.m.  
Blogger Doug said...

Love the decorations! I especially like the 3 trees with the deer sitting in front.

Do I see liquor bottles behind several of the decorations? ;)

12/23/2006 09:57:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lemuel said...

It took me a while to get to see your blog. (We were out running errands.)

Thanks for including the Magi! They are quite beautiful. If you find they are missing, the super Canadian sleuth will most likely know where to look first! **LOL!**

I am also fascinated by the tree you just bought. Very interesting.

I absolutely ADORE the bear at the tree! [D'uh! me? like a bear?! Go on!] That is so cute. I have a picture of myself taken by a stuffed bear at Cabella's that I reminds me of. someday when I am braver I may post it.

Thanks for sharing your decorations!
HUGS!

12/23/2006 01:49:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home