Monday, September 18, 2006

Filling up a need doesn't fill up the void!?

Although this can be lots of fun, it only lasts for a few hours and then it's over. I have met some fun people, but the steam evaporates when you open the door. I need to find good friends. People who are more then just a "fun" time. People with heads on their shoulders. People with opinions and hearts. People with substance. Last night during my, as fun as ever, sleep pattern, I met 4 different guys. GAY.com really surprised me last night. My first encounter was with a 28 year old Native Indian from the Maritimes who moved here for work purposes. His name is Raven. It's part of the translation of his full name, and he does have a more "normal" name, but for his privacy, I'll stick to Raven. He seems like a great guy. He as lots of stories and owes me a few over coffee. After a short nap, I met Michael. He's a 42 year old French singer who lives in town. He and his bf work in a firm like the one I used to work at. He seems to be very nice also. He will be singing in October and invited me to go see him. We're suppose to meet for coffee soon. Thank god I love coffee!? After a third nap, I met a Mexican dancer/actor. He's 32. Lives in Mexico. Again another nice guy. He's tall and pretty beautiful. Long black hair. I love the way he breaks his English. He's cute. Last but not Least, I met Alex. Alex is 28 from Toronto. I think he's one of the most mature guys I've ever met. Another cutie with brains. He seems very nice, but I think he's a workaholic. Doesn't seem to have a life, his work is almost 24/7. We chatted and talked for about 5 hours. After that I went to bed and he went to work. I guess I'm starting to reach out and make contact. Who knows, I might soon write that I just don't have enough time for all my friends. That will never happen. I'm too much a people person for that. And with my new outlook, I'm sure not going to complain about friends. So I guess and hope this will be me soon!? J

7 Comments:

Blogger RIC said...

I do really hope so, Joel! Well, not exactly looking so boyish, I'd say, but partying is definitely a great idea! I'm all for it!
(What a busy night, huh? Hence the confusion you made in your comment on my blog... For that I could get into a state, you know, if I happened not to know you the way I do now...) :-)

9/19/2006 01:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lemuel said...

With all that coffee, you won't get much sleep, which means you be chatting some more, which means you'll be making more dates for coffee, which means you'll be drinking more coffee, which means you won't get as much sleep, which means you'll be chatting some more, which means....

LOL!

J, you're a hoot!

HUGS!

9/19/2006 05:56:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

wow four dates!
The Raven fellow sounding intriguing.

9/19/2006 11:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Bravo! I hope I can grow up to do the same thing!

9/20/2006 04:17:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All in person? You serious?

How do you DO that? I need to learn :)

Regardless, it's true that simply filling a need (multiple times in a day?) still won't address the deeper, truer needs.

Though it sure can be fun, I guess.

9/20/2006 02:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Was that a cat I heard? Hope you catch your mouse, lol. Hope you get some rest too so that you can pursue these pursuits ; )

9/20/2006 03:11:00 p.m.  
Blogger jetboy747 said...

You mean, touchdown? *wink*

Good for you.

9/20/2006 09:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home