Thursday, August 10, 2006

Books!? Books!? Books!?

I've been Mêmed!? By this guy!? I'll play along, but I also read books in French!? So RIC, if you haven't read them, I suggest you do!? 1. One book you have read more than once: Memnoch the Devil!? By Anne Rice!? Her description of Heaven is one of the best I've ever read. I had to read it more then once to understand everything she showed us!? To get a view of the Heavens we were led to believe in!? There is no Hell!? There is no Devil!? 2. One book you would want on a desert island: Gordon Merrick's Trilogy, Forth into light, One for the Gods and The Lord won't mind!? These books seem to be the first real books of the gay era. There is no hiding, not just clean sex. No perfect Love. Just real life!? 3. One book that made you laugh: Sein Language!? By Jerry Seinfeild. His book made me look like an ediot so many times in the subway and on the bus!? If you haven't read it, you just gotta!? 4. One book that made you cry: My diary!? 5. One book you wish you had written: Now what makes more money then the Harry Potter collection?! Also the Bible!? I would have told the truth!? 6. One book you wish had never been written: Gerald's game!? By Stephen King!? This book made me lose consciousness in the subway!? The woman is contemplating cutting her wrists for about 10 pages. My wrists kept tingling!? And then she does it and we read how her skin, once cut peals like an orange over her hand...!? I swear I got the sweats, I closed the book and knelt on one knee, head down. I woke up sitting against the wall leaning on my backpack!? I got up and entered the subway. I was soaked and cold!? White as a ghost!? 7. One book you are currently reading: Shameless by Paul Burston. It's the story of a guy who looses his bf after a 4 year LTR. No note, nothing!? It's actually pretty funny!? It's one part Sex in the city, one part Queer as folk!? It's a romantic comedy. I just started!? lol 8. One book you have been meaning to read: A home at the end of the world!? By Michael Cunningham!? They say the movie is good but the book is better. I haven't experienced either. 9. One Book That Changed Your Life: How long has this been going on?! By Ethan Mordden!? This book starts in the 40s and comes to today with the lives of different gay people. What they saw, lived and survived!? This book is a MUST read for any, and everybody!? In French: Les barages inutiles et Les tremblements intérieurs de Daniel Dufour. I don't know if you can find these books in English, but everybody should read these books. Everybody!? 10. Now tag five people: Sorted @ Sorted Lives!? Spider @ A spider's web in Thornton Park!? Jason @ Let's say you're right...!? Torn @ Sticky crows!? John @ Open a window!? Bruce @ Senseless!? Wenchy @ WenchyNStar!?

6 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

thanks for taking it up;
I enjoyed reading your answers -
it made me realize I don't know of english or francais is your native tongue?

8/10/2006 12:39:00 a.m.  
Blogger Kevin said...

ouh I like the guy one sofa - he is hot. BTW, I read Shameless too.

8/10/2006 02:46:00 a.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

I'll be answering the questionnaire (I like it better in French...) as soon as possible. Thank you, Joel!
Would you be so kind as to send me over that reader? You know, I do need someone to read for me, as my doctor told me I shouldn't be reading so many hours as I am. He also told me I should be doing other things instead. I guess I didn't get this last one though...

8/10/2006 06:32:00 a.m.  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

I'm sad I was left out of this :(

But Gerald's Game? Are you getting me...holy crap I loved that book...I couldn't put it down and it had me sleeping with the lights on for days AND I hid the handcuffs for a very long time after that.

8/10/2006 07:51:00 a.m.  
Blogger tornwordo said...

You tagged 6! so I don't count right? J/k I'll try.

You must must must read "A home at the end of the world", it's one of the best books I've read.

8/10/2006 09:45:00 a.m.  
Blogger john said...

Okay, I'll do the meme--only cause you asked.
I like a lot of Anne Rice's novels. I've never read that one though.

8/10/2006 09:54:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home