Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday song!?

Not ready to make nice

Forgive, sounds good Forget, I'm not sure I could They say time heals everything But I'm still waiting I'm through with doubt There's nothing left for me to figure out I've paid a price And I'll keep paying I'm not ready to make nice I'm not ready to back down I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round and round It's too late to make it right I probably wouldn't if I could Cause I'm mad as hell Can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should I know you said Can't you just get over it It turned my whole world around And I kind of like it I made my bed and I sleep like a baby With no regrets and I don't mind sayin' It's a sad sad story when a mother will teach her Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger And how in the world can the words that I said Send somebody so over the edge That they'd write me a letter Sayin' that I better shut up and sing Or my life will be over I'm not ready to make nice I'm not ready to back down I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round and round It's too late to make it right I probably wouldn't if I could Cause I'm mad as hell Can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should I'm not ready to make nice I'm not ready to back down I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time to go round and round and round It's too late to make it right I probably wouldn't if I could Cause I'm mad as hell Can't bring myself to do what it is you think I should What it is you think I should Forgive, sounds good Forget, I'm not sure I could They say time heals everything I'm still waiting

Just awsome!? dixie chicks not ready to make nice Let me tell you, I might not be American!? I might be gay!? But I LOVE those Chicks!? J

6 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

I'll give you the Dixie Chicks, if you give over Loreena McKennitt. Deal?

8/06/2006 01:21:00 a.m.  
Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I think the Dixie Chicks are awesome, too. I love the kind of backbone that stands up for what they believe in.

8/06/2006 02:41:00 a.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

Just fine, Joel! Powerful lyrics! I wish there were more songs like that one. It's high time to go on to a new period of protest songs, with really meaningful lyrics, not just bla bla bla to lullaby one's brains with!
(I guess I woke up this morning in a revolutionary mood.) :-)

8/06/2006 07:15:00 a.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

I love me some Dixie Chics!

8/06/2006 09:15:00 a.m.  
Blogger Jason said...

Not a huge country listener, but I do like those Chicks!
So Joel, when are you gonna make nice???

Hope you're enjoying your weekend bud ;)

8/06/2006 12:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger ..:: YNAGER ' 65 ::.. said...

I LOVE THE CHICKS AND THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!

8/07/2006 10:14:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home