Sunday, November 12, 2006

2 musts!?

These two books have just influenced and changed my life. This first one should be read by all. Yes it is concentrated on growing up gay in the world, but it also gives a sense of relief for all that have grown up in this world. I never figured I needed to read this book, now I'm glad I did. And I'll reread it again and again. This next one was suggested to me in my comment section. Without even thinking I ordered it. I read, devoured this book in one afternoon. This book is the best, the simplest book on life I've ever seen. This book is another great find to be read and reread. These two have been my latest and best purchases. For sure they will be gifts for a lot of people I know. Hope you enjoy!? Have fun!? J

7 Comments:

Blogger DEREK said...

sounds like a good one, we were talking about the gay things we did when we were little today, my cousin Vicki and I, our grandmother's were twin sisters used to play Tarzan and Jane in our treehouse, she was always Tarzan, and I was always cleaning up the treehouse as Jane.

11/12/2006 07:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

thank you!
I am looking for some new books and then this blog entry happens!
I'll think of you when I find and read them this weekend in palm springs.

11/12/2006 10:05:00 p.m.  
Blogger Doug said...

I'm glad "The Four Agreements" had such an impact. I feel the same way: its simplicity is part of what makes it great. I've read it about 4 times in the short time I've had it.

I will definitely pick up "The Velvet Rage."

11/13/2006 10:54:00 a.m.  
Blogger Topher said...

I'm gonna have to check out those books sometime.

One book I can reread over and over and over is The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery. I prefer the translation by Katherine Woods though.

11/13/2006 03:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Thank you, Joel! I will definitely add these books to my "must-read" list!

Take good care of yourself and enjoy the week ahead!

11/14/2006 05:31:00 a.m.  
Blogger Red Seven said...

The Four Agreements was suggested by a friend years ago, and has been on my bookshelf ever since. I've read it twice and referenced it often in my grad school program (!!) -- where we're often asked to write about what we learned about ourselves and how we'll do better next time. I've not yet read The Velvet Rage, but will certainly check it out -- I'm outta school in March, and my pleasure reading time will soon be back.

11/14/2006 10:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

Back on track!
Thanks a lot, Joel! I believe I've read a great review of «The Velvet Rage». I'm totally into reading both!

11/17/2006 03:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home