Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Clinically proven!?

Well guys, I'm not dying. After 65 minutes in the waiting room, 30 minutes in the little room, (all that time I could hear them talk about last nights storm, the dog of one of the doctors got sprayed by a skunk at 11:30 last night. Scheduling courses...) then I hear 2 ping pong balls bouncing my way, it's the doctor finally coming to see me and demanding why I was there. I told her about my fever the night before. "Well you don't have a fever anymore now do you." (No bitch, but maybe it's the 90 minutes I spent waiting in this freezing clinic that brought my temperature down?!) But of course I didn't say anything. I tell her about my throat and ear, (ping pong ping pong) she touches, (ping)taps, (pong)takes out the flashlight, you do have an ear infection. DUH!? (ping pong) And throat too. DITDUH!? How stupid can you be?! Bye! (ping pong ping pong ping pong) hahahaha bla bla bla (Why are you even here stupid?!) So I have antibiotics to take for the next 10 days. I won't doubt her diagnosis, cause that's what I thought. Besides I'm seeing my doctor on the 21 of August. (he's a real doctor he doesn't just play one) J (the ping and the pong are in reference to the sound her heals made, literally like ping-pong balls)

7 Comments:

Blogger RIC said...

O Joel, I'm glad everything seems to be now under control! Your report is hilarious... I guess it's exactly the same thing everywhere: clinics, docters, nurses, emergencies,...
Now take really good care, man! :-)

8/02/2006 08:04:00 p.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

yeah it can be very frustrating at times. I know exactly what you mean.

8/02/2006 08:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I am constantly confounded as to why doctors make the money they do and are held in the esteem that they are. Your experience illustrates the incompetence that nearly all of us have encountered. Why am I paying a doctor when I have to make my own diagnosis for him/her. [grrrrrrr]

on a happier note, glad to hear you are starting to mend! :)

8/02/2006 09:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I'll let you in on some inside information - lots of doctors are quacks!

8/02/2006 10:32:00 p.m.  
Blogger Spider said...

Glad you went - glad you are feeling better...

8/02/2006 10:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger rodger said...

Yeah...it's always a pain in the ass to go to the doctor but with a high fever, it is worth every minute and dollar just to play it safe.

Glad it all turned out okay...well...other than the time and effort.

Thanks for keeping us informed Joel.

8/03/2006 01:13:00 a.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Ditto. Happy you're feeling a little better *and* got the antibiotics!

Your temporary doctor sounds like a bitch! Which reminds me: Remember that a doctor's license gives him or *her* "the right to *practice*"!!! It doesn't say he/she knows what he/she is doing!

8/03/2006 02:46:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home