Thursday, October 19, 2006

Inner child!?

We all have one. Why? Is it really a part of us that didn't grow up? Is it the base of who we are? If so why call it the inner child? Why not call it the base? Some people have a strong base. Some don't. Why does it affect us so much? The base is not the only thing making us who we are. I know, you can build the best house in the world, if it stands on a bad foundation, it will sway. Some houses can take the sway, some can't. Some will crack. Some will even crumble. So let's say the base is the start of everything else. Does that mean that everything that came after is not good? It is affected by the bad base! Does it mean it's not real? It's all a lie? I don't think so. I hope not. I think you can fix a foundation and patch the cracks. But how do you fix the foundation? Do you listen to that inner child or not? Some say you do and make him see the error of his ways. Some say to ignore him. Who's right? If you ignore the problem, wont it comeback even if you patch it up the way you think it should be fixed? Isn't it like burying someone alive? You stop the screams and hope he dies and not claw his way back. If you listen, how can you make him understand that his way of thinking is wrong? I mean in the end, you have to convince yourself that what you're doing is wrong. And I can understand that. But how do you make yourself understand? I can see the right way. I see the best way. So why am I still anxious? How can I make myself SEE? Understand? Why if I know now, I can't seem to make myself accept it? Also something that bugs me is that it's my base, it's me! So why talk about myself or the base at the third person? It's easier to deal with? I've tried a lot of things, I see a shrink, I've read many books. Some pro some con listening to the inner child. How can you understand anything? Well I've decided to take from each what I though was best for me. I feel I'm still at the starting line. I think I'll listen to "myself" for a while and forget that who ever is making me feel this way is not me. Cause it is me. Maybe this way I'll understand better and quicker. I'd like to know what you think. As far as I can see I still need help. My doctor was desperate tonight. He says he doesn't know what to do with me anymore. I did do well for a while. But I seem to be moving backwards now. His advice tonight, "kick yourself in the butt man." If that doesn't work, I'm going back to the psychiatrist.

To my inner child!? La la la la la la la la la I feel like you know me I know well I know I know you do I've got this thing going on Inside my head I've got this thing for you I like your face I like your body Like your feet I like your nose I like your chest beneath the covers Like your heart I like your soul I like your life inside me pounding like a heart inside a dream Inside a dreamer that's been dreaming of a perfect symphony I like the way you walk beside me like a paper in the wind The way you swing your arms so gladly Where you end and I begin I like everything About you Baby I do I feel like you know me well I've tried to let you see me for yourself I feel like I'm out of my head I've got this thing for you I like your face I like your body Like your feet I like your nose I like your chest beneath the covers Like your heart I like your soul I like your life inside me pounding like a heart inside a dream Inside a dreamer that's been dreaming of a perfect symphony I like the way you walk beside me like a paper in the wind The way you swing your arms so gladly Where you end and I begin I like everything About you Baby I do La la la la la la la la la La la la la la la la la la I like your face I like your body Like your feet I like your nose I like your chest beneath the covers Like your heart I like your soul I like your life inside me pounding like a heart inside a dream Inside a dreamer that's been dreaming of a perfect symphony I like the way you walk beside me like a paper in the wind The way you swing your arms so gladly Where you end and I begin I like everything About you Baby I do La la la la la la la la la la la la la La la la la la la la la la la la la la
Have fun!? With your inner or outer child!? J

9 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

I once asked an analyst "how long will this take? (to get to know myself)"
he replied, "if you are fortunate, it will be all your life long"
May it be so for you too.

10/20/2006 01:17:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no... not really not for the likes of us... I have no base either. My mother destroyed it... she was schizo... I realise that now.. I realize why Low and I are lone wolves... we were both given to the dogs to raise.

so... sometimes things cannot be fixed. if there is no humanity there.. how can there be something to fix. I just need somewhere to rest for a while and reount what happened.

Something toppled in me tonight that shouldn't. Joel... you think that you are unstable... have you ever met someone with no soul? I am that man... needing to steal from others to get my own... and when that is gone I am nothing but a relfection in the panes of other's eyes

i have never been me
i have always been others
and I have no base

10/20/2006 03:03:00 a.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

God bless the inner child in all of us - even when he plays "hide and seek" - because he reminds us that we do not have to take life so seriously!

Things can get better IF we remember how to discipline the child inside, maybe we can discipline ourselves!

10/20/2006 05:45:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lemuel said...

I often think that I do not let my inner child come out and play nearly enough. Chronologically I am a geezer now, but I think I've been a geezer since I stopped wearing diapers.

It may be soon time to wear them again, so maybe I have an excuse to let my inner child out again too. LOL!

HUGS to you ?!

10/20/2006 07:12:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for being there !?

10/20/2006 09:34:00 a.m.  
Blogger john said...

I think that the inner child is the innocence that we try to hold onto--a part of us that isn't jaded or frustrated with the world. At least that's my definition of the word "inner child". And like a child, this child is constantly exploring, questioning and growing.

10/20/2006 10:03:00 a.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

The «inner child» question has to do with the assumption that mankind becomes evil; pure innocence is nowhere else to find but deep inside each one of us, like that innocent child we were all in the beginning before corruption starting to show...
In my opinion, it's not such a great image of mankind. It also has to do with Rousseau's «bon sauvage», that is, society is an evil for each man considered individually. This somehow locks out our moral consciousness - a dangerous thing to do!
If you like, inner child equals moral consciousness, in a certain sense. But I cannot know whether this can be of any help to you, Joel!
Wish you the best! :-)

10/20/2006 01:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Doug said...

Hi Joe. I just found your blog. I hope you're recovered from the flu.

In regards to today's post, I'm pretty sure there isn't one correct answer. I think the "answer" is different for each of us, and all the advice and help we receive from professionals and from books helps us to put together our own answer, but none of it directly solves anything for us.

I recently read "The Four Agreements," by don Miguel Ruiz. It had some interesting ideas and was very helpful for me. One of the best self-help books I've read.

10/21/2006 11:13:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mark Jakerson said...

hmmm it makes you think!

10/21/2006 11:54:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home