Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Another long night!?

But not as fun as last Saturday. I felt weak all day yesterday, I had the shakes. I sometimes felt light headed. I was sure I was fighting off signs of anxiety. I took a cab to go see my shrink. The driver seemed to really have me spit my heart out. I had my heart in my throat all night. When I got home at 7:30 last night, I went to bed right away. I woke up about 9 and my guts decided to clean house. So much so that I ended up on the floor. Pascal called an ambulance. They took me in. From 9:30 to 2:30 I sat waiting in an emergency room. With in 5 minutes I knew I had a major flu, a "gastro". To take gravol, rest for the next 3 days. So by 3 I was finally home in my bed. I'm ok, just weak and tired. And always thirsty. J

5 Comments:

Blogger RIC said...

Oh man, Joel! Are you feeling better now? Did you faint away in the bathroom? Lord, that's so dangerous! Take really good care, will you? You know, you can always e-mail me, if you feel like it. Btw, thank you for your explanation about the boy. I had no idea...
Quick recovery, my friend! :-)

10/17/2006 12:10:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

I echo Ric's sentiments! Please take good care of yourself, my friend! Some people can laugh in influenza's face but most of us who are overcome by it *know* the dangers!

Please take care of yourself and thank Pascal for me! His being there may have saved your life - at the very least, he saved you from a nasty night on the floor. ;)

Seriously, I hope you recover quickly!

10/17/2006 03:15:00 p.m.  
Blogger Guys' Guy said...

Oh you poor thing...get better...I know being sick is no fun. It must have been scary for you and Pascal!

E-mail me when you are feeling better

10/17/2006 05:31:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

party life getting to you. To answer your question... look at the phase of the moon... in the dark of the moon is when we shed things we no longer want or should...
but I am glad you did not shed this blog

drink plenty of fluids and leave the jawbreaker alone

10/17/2006 06:13:00 p.m.  
Blogger Ur-spo said...

I agree; rest, fluids and respite.
Watch your breathing too to be slow, regular, quiet and deep.

10/17/2006 10:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home