Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A bit of a recap!?

I decided to do a recap because so much has happened in the last week of the year. And I haven't really kept up with myself here on the blog.

Christmas dinner with Pascal's family was fun. The wrappings were appreciated. The gifts too. Boxing day was quiet here. I didn't go to any store. I guess I hate mobs. I did go the next day. I usually buy Christmas stuff for the following year. There is not a lot left, but that's ok, it only means I buy less. I'm a sucker for decorations.

The rest of the week went ok. I was called a stupid French Canadian by a blogger. Only because my English is not perfect. I've never hid that I was French, I might not have the exact same expressions and might have trouble saying what I mean sometimes. But to call someone stupid is a bit childish. Just because that person doesn't master the language to perfection, doesn't mean they're dumb. I've seen worst from real English speaking people.

But it's ok, it's over and done with.

I've been experiencing problems with blogger. I think it's to force people to move to Blogger Beta. Now since so many are moving to WordPress, I decided to check it out. I'm not sure I'll be moving, but I did transfer the bulk of my blog. It took WP only 10 minutes to transfer everything. There are a few cool things on WP, but I'm still learning.

So for a few days, I'll run both to check things out. Most of you have been experiencing problems also with B. Beta. So I'm not sure to go that route.

I did my traditional turkey dinner on Saturday with the traditional Christmas log cake. I always do one just for home. Too many times have I gone to someone's house only to be presented with a bad meal or another version of Christmas.

Not to say that I'll stop accepting invitations, but you know when something only comes once a year and it doesn't live up to your expectations? Well now I make sure I get at least one real Christmas dinner and cake. I do it myself. Other versions might be good, but I just can't give up mine yet.

New Year's Eve we watched a few TV specials and toasted the New Year with some bubbly. The next day, Pascal's mom invited everyone over for some deep dish meat pie. It was about 6" deep. It's a mix of different meats with potatoes covered with a thick crust. It baked all day. We ate like pigs.

I'm glad I was able to make you laugh with my comparison. I told you mine was bigger than his. And some of you called me a tease. I didn't see skin from you guys. lol Besides, the pills have helped me gain a few pounds that I didn't really want. Not to worry, they'll come off and I'll stop teasing.

Yesterday I started moving my stuff. I'm changing rooms. I'm taking over the dining room. The room is square. I won't feel so cramped anymore and my desk will be facing the window. The room is facing West so lots of sunlight. I'll keep moving my stuff slowly through out the week.

My wrists are getting worst. My right arm has been hurting a lot more for the last few days. I have an appointment in February to have them checked out, but I think I'll have to get the tunnel/nerve cut. At least in the right arm. The left is not so bad, yet.

As for work, I'm seeing both doctors next week. We'll see how things are going.


Have fun!?

J

8 Comments:

Blogger Ur-spo said...

good recap
I too am thinking of going to Wordpress; people seem pleased with it.
I am sorry for the "stupid french canadian' remark you received. I come from French Canadian stock, so I have an inkling what it is like to be French Canadian in Canada.
hang in there.

1/03/2007 10:59:00 a.m.  
Blogger RIC said...

Great recap(itulation), Joel!
That jerk must have sent you an e-mail, since I'm sure I didn't read anything of the kind in any comment box. That guy was not childish as he insulted you; he was an imbecile! I wonder whether his English is so perfect... Obnoxious!
I do understand you: invitations may be just great on especial days, but our own traditions «die hard»...
Hugs!

1/03/2007 04:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Hey, Joël!

I can't help wonder what that jerk would do in French! I know as an English-speaker, I would not want to be judged on the basis of my French!

Ah, just don't let the "turkeys" get you down!

As for the comparison, I'll always think of you as a tease. :) That's one reason I like you!

1/03/2007 06:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger abnitude said...

sounds like a nice, relaxing and positive holiday tme you had. good to hear it.
i hope the person that made the rude comment to you is fluent in three or four languages.
i have been reading you for a while and never even knew you were french speaking...good for you joel..i think you have mastered english better then many, many americans i know.

1/03/2007 10:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger T-Bird said...

Joel, some people like to prop themselves up by putting down other people. It is a transparent effort, and one can usually see them for what they are: ineffectual and lacking confidence. Hence the blogger who called you stupid – in reality revealed their own inadequacies. Just smile, and keep on keeping on, as you have been doing. You are doing more than fine.

I wish I had the French that I commanded when I was 18 years old so I could use it liek Ric does. I was quite fluent back then, but that was 100’s of lifetimes ago, or so it seems. Were I there it might start floating back in bits and pieces. "En francais, je m’appelle Guillaume" takes me to the edge of resident french brain cells.

I have not had problems with new blogegr for what it is worth. It is much more reliable than old blogger.

1/04/2007 01:44:00 a.m.  
Blogger Joshua said...

Wow - I know you and I had a disagreement the last week of the year. But I never called you stupid or any other name. So, I guess you had several disagreements that week????

1/06/2007 08:32:00 p.m.  
Blogger Gray said...

Odd. You don't look French. ;)

[For those who don't know me: that was a joke!]

Your Holiday sounds WONDERFUL! On Christmas Day, I had a delightful dinner at my dad's house with my two sisters, one brother-in-law and a lady friend of dad's. We exchanged gifts and had a wonderful time. But, that, my dear friend, was the sum total of my Holiday.

The rest of the time was spent, in everyway, the opposite of you.

Sorry to hear about your wrists. That's what happens when you masturbate too much using both hands. ;) [Again, a joke.]

You've mentioned your "Christmas log cake" before. I meant to ask you what it consists of but will look it up on the Internet (unless you have a special recipe). I don't recall ever having had one before. Pity.

1/08/2007 04:33:00 a.m.  
Blogger DEREK said...

hey mr, what's your new blog address?

1/23/2007 07:35:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home